About Our Organization
In 2007, COTA created Eeyou Istchee Tourism (EIT) as a separate organization to play the role of a Regional Tourism Association (RTA) as defined by the Quebec government.
As an RTA, EIT markets our region and tourism operators, supports the development of a regional tourism offer, makes tourism information more readily available, and works with other RTAs to shape Quebec’s tourism policy.
More specifically, EIT:
- Positions and promote Eeyou Istchee Baie-James as a leading destination for travellers interested in aboriginal culture, outdoor adventure, and outfitting (hunting and fishing)
- Supports the development of market-ready tourism products to grow the region’s tourism industry and economy as a whole
- Facilitates access to tourism information
- Contributes to the improvement of tourism infrastructure
- Targets the development of a sustainable tourism industry for positive impacts on the region’s communities (youths, elders, cultural life)
EIT works closely with COTA and their members to make sustainable tourism an economic reality in Eeyou Istchee Baie-James.