RTPA - Funding Program in Tourism
Eeyou Istchee Tourism is happy to announce a third call for projects in the 2017-2020 Regional Tourism Partnership Agreement (RTPA) Funding Program.
THE DEADLINE to submit the funding requests has been postponed to February 28, 2019.
The RTPA program is a 3-year program (2017-2020). Grants are available for promoters who wish to develop new products / services or expand their operations or infrastructures.
The projects submitted must:
– be tourism-related (could be linked to a cultural project or attraction)
– aim at developing quality and sustainable tourism products
– be structuring for the region
– contribute to the development of a unique, complementary and sustainable tourism offer
– stimulate regional economies by creating employment, increasing the number of visitors and growing the tourism revenues.
- The financial assistance under the RTPA constitutes a grantand, as such, it is a non-refundable contribution.
- For each project, the beneficiary must invest a minimum of 10%of the total project cost.
- Promoters are encouraged to seek funding from other funding sources to complete the financing of their project. Be aware that RTPA funds are limited.
- All expenses incurred before the application is received by EIT are not considered eligible expenses and will not be reimbursed if grant is approved. See Promoter’s guide, p. 9, for details.
Cree communities, businesses and entities.
– tourist attractions, activities, equipment;
– festivals and events;
– studies and consulting services;
– projects that help structure our regional tourism offer
For more information or assistance, please contact our Product Development Officer:
Louise Séguin, Product Development Officer
Eeyou Istchee Tourism
Office: 1 888 268-2682 or (418) 745-2220, Ext. 4230
Cell: 418 929-5949