ATAC Essay Contest
Win a trip for two to attend the International Aboriginal Tourism Conference
- A community-led, industry-driven, international tourism conference
- Brings together Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal tourism entrepreneurs & community leaders
- Opportunity to talk about partnerships, experiences and tourism developments
- Chance to hear from Canadian and international Aboriginal tourism leaders
- Presentations will include topics such as partnerships and support programs
- Workshops on product development, customer service and marketing
- Best practices from successful Aboriginal tourism business operators
- 2017 IATC also includes community tours, a marketplace and entertainment
- Closing event is the 2017 Aboriginal Tourism Awards Gala
How to enter
Write and submit a 500-750-word essay and tell us about one or more of the following topics:
- What interests me about the tourism industry?
- What is my experience working in tourism in Eeyou Istchee or abroad?
- Why I should be selected to attend the International Aboriginal Tourism Conference?
- What are my future plans with regards to tourism in Eeyou Istchee?
The winning essay will be published in COTA’s newsletter next fall. The winner will also be asked to write a short article for the COTA newsletter following the conference. Please note that only the selected winner will be contacted. For questions, please call Louise Mitchell, Interim Assistant to the Executive Director at (418) 745-2220 ext. 4225.
Deadline: September 1, 2017
Please email your essay, with your name and telephone number to COTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org